New England Clam Bake
Season 1; Episode 2
New England Clam ‘Cut Sheet’ by the Anodized Chef
- 1 - 1½ pound lobsters will take 14 minutes in a stock pot half full of water at full rolling boil.
- Preheat a deep lipped pan that has a cover that fits securely. Don’t overcrowd the steamers in the pan. Add a cup of water and an optional splash or two of white wine. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Melt down your butter ahead. Reserve clam juice from steamer pan for dipping seafood.
- Coleslaw is best is held overnight and eaten the next day.
- Serve dinner with plenty of lemon, boiled corn on the cob, a baked potato and New England Clam Chowder
- Dessert Ideas: Lemon Sorbet, Strawberry Shortcake